Prof. Dr. med. Reiner Bartl
- 1963-1970 Medical studies at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich
- From 1970 Houseman in the Dept. of Pathology and Internal Medicine at the University of Munich City Hospital specialising in haematology, oncology, and osteology.
- 1983 Professor for internal medicine at City University Hospital, department for diagnosing diseases of the bone marrow
- 1987 Transferred to Clinic Großhadern, as professor and senior physician in the department of internal medicine.
- Group leader of the project “Multiple Myeloma” at the Tumour Centre, Munich until 2009.
- 2003 Foundation of the Bavarian Osteoporosis Centre by Mrs. Karin Stoiber, with Prof. Bartl as the director. Since 1 October 2009 transfer of the Osteoporosis Centre under Prof. Reiner Bartl to the Diagnostics- Preventive Health Care-Therapy Centre (DiVoCare), 80331 Munich, Kaufingerstr. 15, 5th floor (in Benettonhaus opposite Hirmer Department Store).
- Since 2003 organisation of World Osteoporosis Day in Munich for patients on an annual basis, Organisation of events for the BfO (German National Institute for Osteoporosis), DOP (umbrella association for osteoporosis organisations) and the Bavarian radio station Bayern 2, Health Days for the Social Welfare Organisation VdK and bisphosphonate workshop for doctors. Organisation of about 3 large symposiums for doctors and about 60 functions and lectures for patients about osteoporosis and bone diseases per year.
- Publication of more than 400 articles in national and international professional journals and 37 reference books for doctors and patients (translations in English, French, Italian, Polish, Turkish, Chinese, Spanish and Japanese).